This week I made an old favourite that I think you might enjoy: Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Slice. I really like this recipe because it’s quick and easy (but you were expecting that!). It also cuts nice and cleanly and looks really special with the swirls running through it. This slice travels well too (with a cold pack).
If you are one of those people who love the filling of a baked cheesecake, but not the base, then this recipe is for you! Actually the mixture is part cheesecake and part brownie. You really can’t go wrong!
Here is the recipe:
- 185g butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup caster cugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 250g cream cheese
- 1/3 cup caster sugar, extra
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, extra
- Melt butter with cocoa.
- Remove from heat, add sugar, whisk in eggs.
- Stir in flour, beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture into greased laminton pan.
- Beat cream cheese, extra sugar and vanilla together, add extra egg, beat until smooth.
- Pour over chocolate mixture, swirl through with a knife for a marbled effect.
- Bake in a 180 degree C oven for about 35 minutes.
- Once set (cracks will appear on top) and a skewer comes out clean, remove from oven and cool in pan.
- Slice when cold.
Store this Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Slice in an airtight containter in the fridge. Serve it for morning tea, afternoon tea or dessert (or breakfast!). Because it cuts so nicely, you can cut the pieces quite small. This slice is ideal as finger food for a function or as a yummy dessert at your next dinner party.
Where did I get this recipe from you might wonder? Well, it’s in this old recipe book (“Miranda’s Taste of Country Life”) that I have with the spunky front cover. There are quite a few recipes that I make from this book. I might share some more of them with you. They are all pretty easy and have ingredients that I usually have in my pantry. The recipes have been contributed by Weekly Times readers and compiled into this book. I really like to try recipes that people recommend so this book is a little gem on my bookshelf, full of other people’s favourites waiting for me to discover.
I hope you try this Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Slice recipe and share it with your friends and family. They will want the recipe – share it around! This one is too good to keep to ourselves.