I have been making this TMH Iced Coffee since I was a teenager. Seriously. I kid you not.
Whenever I go out and order an iced coffee, I am always disappointed. Always. This is because it just doesn’t compare to my TMH Iced Coffee and it has cost me more money than I think they should cost (especially if they have been stingey with the ice-cream).
My recipe for iced coffee comes with variations. Let me explain:
One of my teenage daughters now indulges with me in what has become an iced coffee ritual in our house. I do let her have coffee but if it’s an after school treat, later in the day, then I substitute decaffinated coffee and she is none the wiser. (Shh!)
If I am enjoying an “adult” iced coffee with a friend (okay, yes I have been known to drink this one alone too…) I will add a splash of Kahlua to a shot of espresso coffee in the recipe. This version, my friends, is the ultimate TMH Iced Coffee for adults. It doesn’t get any better than this.
There is something very important that I can’t believe I haven’t mentioned to you yet. It’s the vessel in which the TMH Iced Coffee must be made in and consumed from. I have to have mine in the large size Tupperware Quick Shake container. Get rid of the lid and that awkward round shaker insert. The large container is the perfect size for mine and I use the small one for my daughter. If you don’t own one of these, go immediately to your local Tupperware representative (or try the Op Shop!).
Once your TMH Iced Coffee has been made, whichever version your prefer, sit back, relax and be amused when your Tupperware container gets stuck to the coaster from condensation. Gets me every time.
Let me know if you make this recipe….I’m pretty confident it can’t be improved on. 😉
- One Tupperware Quick Shake container (just kidding - use your favourite glass...around 500ml)
- Coffee: Either 2 tsp instant coffee + 2 Tbsp boiling water
- OR 2 shots of espresso coffee
- 2 ice cubes
- Milk (whatever type of milk you drink - I prefer Light Milk)
- Kahlua - optional
- 2 - 3 generous scoops vanilla ice-cream
- Boil the kettle while you find the Tupperware Quick Shake container and discard the lid and shaker insert thingy.
- Measure out instant coffee (Can substitute espresso coffee here).
- Add 2 Tbsp boiling water (if using instant coffee).
- Add ice cubes.
- Pour milk over ice cubes until container is 3/4 full
- (Add a decent swig of Kahlua here if you are making the deluxe adult version).
- Add vanilla ice-cream.
- You will need a straw and a long handled spoon to complete the situation.
- Sit down and relax - use a coaster.....I dare you!
Decaffinated version: Substitute decaffinated instant coffee or use decaffinated espresso coffee shot. Iced Chocolate version: Substitute drinking chocolate for the instant coffee.