The Whack-It-In Together Naughty Girl Slice is famous in my neck of the woods (we lovingly refer to it as “The Naughty Girl Slice”). I was first given this slice recipe about 20 years ago by a friend who was a Uni Student at the time. I still have the original piece of paper she wrote it on for me.
I have been making the Whack-It-In Together Naughty Girl Slice since that day. Every time I take it somewhere I get asked for the recipe and I am very happy to share it around (because my friend so generously shared it with me). This recipe was even published in my church’s “Make’n’Take” recipe book because it’s ideal for “bring a plate” occasions….which is why I am making it today. In fact, I’m making two of them: one to take out and one for us to eat at home.
It is a bit naughty though. It’s got a tin of sweetened condensed milk in it as well as butter and brown sugar! So let’s just say we get a decent dose of dairy and energy from this slice. This slice doesn’t last long in the house. It gets eaten so fast. It’s redeeming quality is that it is really quick and easy to make and so so delicious. Really delicious.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 125g butter, melted
- 400g tin sweetened condensed milk
- Choc bits for topping
- Grease 19x29cm slice pan with margarine or butter.
- Combine all ingredients (except Choc Bits) and mix well.
- Pour into slice tray. Sprinkle with Choc Bits on top.
- Bake in oven at 180°C for first 7 minutes, then turn oven down to 165°C for the next 20-25 minutes, or until slice is cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan before cutting and serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
Although I have made this recipe countless times, I have never been able to improve on it. I still make the original recipe as far as the ingredients go. The only thing I have fiddled with is the oven temperature. I found that turning the oven down after around seven minutes helps to create that fudgy consistency we are all after. Yes, that’s right, it’s fudgy! See how fudgy it is:
So you really must make this one. I insist.